Gearbox and Transfer Box
Introduced in 1970 the Range Rover was originally fitted with a 4-speed Manual Gearbox. 1982 saw the introduction of an automatic 3 Speed which was later upgraded to the ZF 4-Speed Box whilst the later vehicles were offered with both LT77 and R380 manual boxes.
The Classic Range Rover's early gearboxes were coupled with a Borg Warner 225 whilst the later ones had a Borg Warner LT230 transfer box similar to the ones fitted to the Defender and Discovery.
If your Range Rover Classic is in need of oil or filters for either box or a replacement drain plug when you're giving your car a service then this section of our website will be perfect for your needs. If you are in need of more specialist parts like syncros, shafts or seals then do contact LR Parts' customer service team.
Items 1 to 9 of 103 total
- LRC1510 - Super Magnetic Plug Kit for Defender 1983-2007, Discovery 1 & 2 and Range Rover Classic - Three Piece Kit - Transfer Box and Front & Rear Diff Plugs£38.00 (Exc VAT)Part Number: LRC1510 (Supersessions: 608246 > LRC1510)
- FTC2957HDKIT - Heavy-Duty Clutch Fork for Land Rover Defender, Discovery 1 and Classic£8.77 (Exc VAT)Part Number: FTC2957HDKIT.AM
- DA3205G - LT230 Transfer Box Complete Overhaul Kit - Gaskets, Seals and OEM Bearings£107.99 (Exc VAT)Part Number: DA3205G
- ULC1796L - Gearbox Bearing - Layshaft Bearing for LT77 Gearbox - Defender and Range Rover ClassicAs low as £1.60 (Exc VAT)Part Number: ULC1796L
- TUK100340 - Needle Roller Bearing for R380 Gearbox - Defender, Discovery 1 & 2 and Range Rover P38As low as £3.72 (Exc VAT)Part Number: TUK100340