LOF Clutches for TD5
Selecting The Right Clutch
Selecting the right clutch is really important. We’ve worked hard to put together 3 different specs of clutch kit to cater to all sorts of requirements. Using the information below you’ll be able to pick the right kit to suit your truck and your needs.
If at any point you need any help feel free to give us an Email or call and we’d be happy to help too!
The ROADspec is designed specifically for your daily road going truck.
If you do a bit of towing now and then, perhaps some light green laning or just use your truck as your commuter then the Roadspec Clutch has everything you need to keep you going for years to come.
It’ll even take mildly tuned motors that have a little more poke than standard!
The POWERspec is the next stage up, ideal if you use your Land Rover as a work horse. If you tow regularly or carry any extra weight like expedition trucks do then this is the spec for you.
It’ll handle highly tuned road monsters or hard worked off-roaders all day long. If you want reliability and drivability from your mapped motor the POWERspec will keep you moving forward!
*POWERpec includes the HD EXTREMEspec Bearing*
The EXTREMEspec – The Ultimate in Land Rover Clutches! Our top spec clutch will take anything you can throw at it, from big power to harsh conditions.
Perfect for high power work monsters and all out race beasts the EXTREMEspec takes it all in it’s stride.
Don’t be mistaken though, you’ll still have real drivability too. No bad behaviour just tough, unbeatable strength and reliability!
*The EXTREMEspec Includes: HD EXTREMEspec Bearing
See below for your engine type:
TD5 Discovery/ TD5 Defender
For the TD5 engine, we have both Dual mass and Single mass kits, we suggest changing the flywheel every time, and the Single mass gets our vote!
- Road going truck with a standard/ Mild tune? Choose the ROADspec
- Want to do the clutch in your daily but want the best parts? Choose the POWERspec so you have our HD bearing!
- Daily driver with a Stage 2 Remap / Towing regularly / Green lanes ? Choose the POWERspec
- Bigger VNT/Hybrid Turbo? Choose the EXTREMEspec kit
- Heavy off-roading or pay and play days in deep mud? EXTREMEspec!
TDCI Defender 07-16
For the TDCI, we suggest taking the bundle deals, so you have everything required for the job, saving you money on the day of fitting!
- Standard car for commuting or daily use? ROADspec TDCI Bundle
- Heavy towing/ Remap/ Intercooler from Alisport/Alive/BAS? Choose the POWERspec TDCI bundle, this is the best Spec option in our opinion for the TDCI
- VNT Turbo or Big wheels/ Heavy towing and off roading? Go for the EXTREMEspec or POWERspec!
200/300 TDI Defender/ Discovery/ RRC
For the TDI powered trucks, we ALWAYS suggest changing the clutch fork when doing the clutch!
- Daily use, commuting and green lanes? ROADspec will be ok!
- Boost pin or boost ring from Fourby? You will want the POWERspec TDI kit
- Heavy towing or green laning often? POWERspec!
- Have you got a VNT or Hybrid turbo fitted to your 200tdi or 300tdi? For this you will actually need out 2.8 TGV POWERspec
- Winch challenge/ Comp Safari/ Ultra 4 racing? You will also need our 2.8 TGV POWERspec clutch, designed originally for the 2.8L TDI, its super strong and fits straight onto a 200/300 TDI!
- LRC9721 - ROAD Spec LOF Clutch Kit inc. Solid Mass Flywheel - TD5 Defender and Discovery£360.00 (Exc VAT)Part Number: LRC9721
- LRC9720 - POWER Spec LOF Clutch Kit inc. Solid Mass Flywheel - TD5 Defender and Discovery£425.00 (Exc VAT)Part Number: LRC9720
- LRC6077 - VNT EXTREME Spec Clutch LOF Kit inc. Solid Mass Flywheel - TD5 Defender and Discovery£495.00 (Exc VAT)Part Number: LRC6077 (Supersessions: POWERTD5SMF-1 > LRC6077)